Best Hot Water Tank Reviews 2023 – Latest Updated Products
Buying Guide for the Best Hot Water Tank
Any tea or coffee drinker knows that one of the longest periods of the day is waiting for the kettle to approach a boil so you can brew your daily cup. This also requires you to fill the kettle from the tap, put it on its pedestal or the stove, and wait for what feels like an eternity for the water to reach a boil. The wait can feel even longer when you are preparing a meal and need a pot of boiling water that seems to take forever. Like many daily chores, we all wonder if there is a better way to get hot water now.
The answer is to buy a hot water tank, where you can get boiling hot water (in just seconds) straight from your faucet!
In this buying guide, we define what a hot water tank is, how they work, and review which ones offer the most value for the money.
What is a Hot Water Tank?
These appliances involve a small electrically powered heating tank, some metal hose, and a faucet. The tank goes inline between a cold water pipe or hose and the pipe or hose leading to the faucet. When the faucet is opened, the heater tank kicks on and rapidly heat the water to your desired temperature and provides near-boiling water instantly.
Check out the best electric Water pump sbf
When the faucet shuts off, so does the heater tank, cooling until the next time hot water is needed. These smaller hot water heaters can be installed out of sight under the sink, and eliminate the need for kettles or stovetop boiling, and you get that hot water fast. Making a cup of tea? Hold your favorite mug under the faucet and turn it on. Making some ramen noodle soup? Add boiling water to the bowl and mix in the contents of the packet for soup in seconds. Pretreat stains in clothing before tossing them in the wash, warm baby bottles, and even melt wax for candles without the wait for a pot on the stove or an electric kettle. There are few conveniences so useful as instant access to boiling water.
5 Best Hot Water Tanks - Comparison Chart
1. InSinkErator Instant Hot Water System with Tank
Well known for their under-the-sink garbage disposals, InSinkerator also manufactures instant hot water dispenser combo kits that include both a faucet and a tank. With 750-watts of heating power at its disposal, it can produce dozens of cups of hot water per hour. The included faucet has a satin nickel finish and has a high arched dispenser to make filling pots, mugs, bowls, and other dishes with near-boiling water easier regardless of the size or type of your kitchen sink.
Best of all, the tank and faucet include multiple safety features that allow you to control the water temperature without causing the bladder to over-expand and void your instant hot water dispenser warranty. This combo kit makes a great starter if you are looking to add instant hot water to your kitchen sink quickly and easily. Connect the hoses or pipes, power it up, and you are ready for instant hot water any time.
- Includes: Chrome finish instant hot water dispenser and 2/3-gallon stainless steel hot water tank
- Delivers near-boiling water with easy-to-adjust temperature control
- Tool-free tank connections and dry-start protection to ease installation
- Ideal for instantly preparing hot coffee, tea, and other food, cleaning dishes, warming baby bottles, and so much more
- Exclusive 1-Year We Come to You In-Home Full-Service Limited Warranty; That means we come to you if your water dispenser needs service within the warranty period
- Includes compatible faucet and heater tank
- Multiple safety features that allow you to control the water temperature
- Satin-nickel finish faucet has a high arch for easier dispensing
- Safety features may cause the faucet to leak cold water occasionally
- Temperature can only be adjusted under the sink
- installation requires an additional tap space on your sink and an outlet in the cabinet underneath
2. Ready Hot Instant Hot Water Dispenser System
A higher end model with a chrome finish and swivel faucet, the Ready Hot Instant Hot Water Dispenser System is a cut above the other combo kits. Not only does this unit have a 4-inch gooseneck spout for easy pouring, but it also swivels easily for use with a double sink regardless of where it is installed. Installation is simple enough that this instant hot water dispenser can be installed with minimal knowledge and experience.
Most DIYers who have installed this unit themselves compare the process to installing a garbage disposal, and requires only a few tools and a little persistence. Additionally, this instant hot water dispenser combo unit also has many built-in safety features that allow you to adjust the temperature as needed without compromising the integrity of the internal bladder or the seals of the tank or faucet. If you prefer a chrome finish, are confident in your ability to install a simple appliance under your sink, and want instant hot water for cooking or household chores, this is the instant hot water dispenser kit for you.
Check our reviews on Best water Powered sump pump
- Instant Hot Water Dispenser & Faucet
- Open Vented Faucet
- Manual Temperature Dial
- Consistent Heating Performance
- Automated Tank Protection
- Easy install swivel faucet for use with single or double sinks
- Adjustable temperature to heat water to your preferred cooking or other utility purposes
- Gooseneck faucet makes filling your favorite mug or bowl full of piping hot water fast and easy
- Safety features may cause the faucet to drip cold water from time to time
- Must drill space for faucet installation if your sink does not have a pre-drilled/cut space.
- Requires an outlet under the sink
3. Anaheim Quick and Hot Instant Hot Water Tank
If you already have an instant hot water system and are looking to upgrade, look no further than the Anaheim AH-1300 Quick and Hot. This 1300-watt instant hot water tank lets you prepare piping hot water instantly for cooking, household chores, or hobby purposes with just a twist of a faucet control. Capable of producing over 100 cups of hot water per hour, the AH-1300 can easily provide all the hot water you need for making homemade soups and stews, brewing tea or coffee, and even lifting stubborn stains from linens or clothing. It’s also useful for pouring hot water for bending reeds for basket making, melting wax for candles, or working with textile dyes.
Installation is a simple matter of connecting the tank to your water supply and the faucet via PVC pipes or a faucet, plugging it into power, and setting your desired temperature with the front-facing control knob. This unit does not include a faucet, but it can easily be adapted to function with a new or existing faucet of your choice. Get your instant hot water when you want it, and install an Anaheim AH-1300 in your kitchen today.
- Color: White
- Voltage 120 Volts
- Wattage 1300 watts
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 10.13 x 10.13 x 13.75 inches
- Waste King Genuine Replacement Part Certified Contaminant Reduction
- Fast heating capability with temperature control
- Installation requires only the most basic tools
- Temperature can be increased or decreased easily using the front-facing control knob with easy to read indicator
- Does not include a compatible faucet
- May require additional water line under the sink
- The safety valve may cause the faucet to drip slowly when not in use
4. AMTROL Thermal Expansion Tank
Designed for use in homes when you need continuous hot water fast, the Falcon EXPT-2 is designed to function with an existing traditional hot water heater tank to provide hot water on demand without the need to wait for the tank to warm up. This design not only saves energy use due to its on-demand heating, but it also relieves the strain on your home’s larger hot water heater to provide continuous hot water for long showers and baths.
Just install it in line with your hot water lines, set the temp, and you are ready to go. It’s as simple as fitting another pipe in your existing hot water apparatus.
You may need some sealing wrap and a little elbow grease to get everything fitted leak-free, but the process of installation and wiring requires little even for less experienced DIYers. This is a good whole-home solution that makes instant hot water all over the house a reality.
- Made in USA
- Accepts expanded water caused by thermal expansion
- Returns water to the system when hot water is used
- Prevents the relief valve from going off
- Inline thermal expansion tank
- Accepts expanded water caused by thermal expansion
- The simple in-line installation has you up and running quick
- Uses less energy than traditional hot water heaters
- Safety features prevent overexpansion and heating bladder damage
- Not an under-the-sink solution
- More difficult to install than kitchen combination units
- It May require some tweaking to get temperatures to desired levels for faucets furthest from the tank
5. Waste King Quick and Hot Instant Hot Water Tank
Looking for an instant hot water solution that isn’t overkill? The Waste King AH-1300C is a medium-capacity instant hot water tank kit with a 60 cups per hour heating capability and easy-to-adjust controls. With its many built-in safety redundancies and features like a safety valve, thermal-fuse, and other fail-safes, this instant hot water tank provides an excellent value for its price point.
Installation is simple enough for most DIYers, and though it doesn’t include a faucet you can easily acquire a compatible one inexpensively from most plumbing hardware providers. All in all, it’s a compact instant hot water tank that takes less than an hour to install and functions flawlessly. It’s an excellent choice for both new installations and existing system upgrades.
- 1300 Watts
- Stainless steel tank, self re-setting thermostat tank
- 60 cups hour capacity
- Easy fingertip temperature adjustment
- Heater protection with self-resetting thermal fuse
- Easy to install
- Heats water rapidly and safely
- Multiple safety features and redundancies to prevent unit failure
- Does not include a compatible faucet
- Capacity is limited to 60 cups per hour, a total of 40 cups an hour less than comparably priced models
- May require you to run additional electrical or water lines to install it under your kitchen sink
How to Choose the Best Hot Water Tank?
You want to look at the following features closely to determine if you are getting the best value for your investment in an instant hot water system for your kitchen:
Typically, the most important features to look for are an easy to read and access temperature control on the front of your unit. If it doesn’t have this feature, you probably aren’t going to get as much out of it since you can’t easily adjust the temperature of your hot water for specific chores or tasks. Since the entire reason for having an instant hot water dispenser is eliminating wait time, make sure you can dial it down to eliminate cooling time for your morning tea or mealtime bowl of soup.
You may also like our expert reviews on: Best Water powered booster pump.
The larger the tank, the more hot water you can pour at a time without needing to wait for the tank to refill and heat up the water again. Ideally, you should look for a tank in the half gallon capacity, particularly if you intend to use your instant hot water for faster cooking on the stove with reduced boiling time.
The wattage range for an instant hot water dispenser is between 500 and 1300-watts, and the higher the wattage the faster your water heats up. Combining higher wattage with a smaller tank means your hot water dispenser is capable of producing truly instantaneous near-boiling water as soon as you turn on the spout. If this matters to you, be sure to get a model with higher wattage.
Some instant hot water dispenser kits do not include a spout or a faucet, so you may need to shot around to find one that’s compatible. It’s usually better to buy a combination kit, but if the tank heater you want doesn’t have one you will need to buy both items separately. Try to get a spout/faucet with additional layers of insulation or double walls in the spout itself, as the surface can get hot on unshielded/single-walled models. No sense burning your arm on the faucet just to get instant hot water for your tea or soup.
Our official opinion is the InSinkErator Instant Hot Water System with Tank is the best Hot Water Tank. It offers the best features for the average household. If you are looking to buy a truly instant hot water dispenser to install in your kitchen, this is hands-down the combination kit for you.