Best Electric Water Pump sbf Reviews – Ultimate Buying Guide
Buying Guide for the Best Electric Water Pump sbf
High-performance cars are known for speed and power. However, this high-performance causes overheating of the engine, which, if ignored, can result in engine damage.
The main component of any car is the engine and the better you take care of it, the longer it will last. And if you want the engine for your high-performance vehicle to last a long time, you must give cooling a priority.
An electric water pump sbf is one essential tool that can help prevent overheating of your car’s engine.
What is an Electric Water Pump?
An electrical water pump is a mechanical device that helps to circulate high-flow coolant through water-cooled engines to maintain an optimum working temperature and prevent overheating.
These types of pumps ensure that coolant is moving through the radiator, engine block, and hoses. (Different from a power steering pump.)
Electric water pumps use centrifugal force and impeller blades that move the cooled water into the car’s engine for ultimate cooling.
Top 5 of the Best Electric Water Pump sbf in 2023
1. Proform 66225BK Electric Water Pump
Proform is my favorite brand in this category of water pumps. This pump is built with a heavy-duty and sturdy design that enables it to pump more than 35 gallons of water within a minute.
The Proform electric water pump is made of quality aluminum that is designed to withstand heavy-duty use without being damaged. The lightweight aluminum housing has an epoxy powder coat that helps to resist corrosion, and you can choose a coat with the color of your choice to suit your needs.
With its heavy-duty design, this water pump will offer you excellent performance without using much power. The pump ships with a mating weather connector and can draw up to 6 amps.
This electric water pump is built with a compact and lightweight design that is easy to carry and easily placed in confined areas.
When installing this water pump, the task was easy because it comes with all the required hardware to make your work fast and hassle-free.
I can't recommend this pump enough. It is easy to install, durable, and has excellent performance that can't be beaten for the price.
- Made of durable and lightweight aluminum construction to reduce weight
- It can pump over 35 gallons of water within a minute
- Features an epoxy coating that helps to resist corrosion
- Comes with fitting for water pump
- It comes with all installation hardware
- Features a mating weather connector
- This pump can draw up to 6 amps
- Motor vehicles
- This electric water pump is heavy-duty and provides a reliable performance
- It is compact and lightweight for easy carrying and storage
- The pump helps to eliminate unnecessary weight
- This pump doesn’t have a third water hole
2. Assault Racing Products 603500 Electric Water Pump
I love Assault Racing Products because for many years now they've been a leader in the performance auto parts industry!
Assault Racing's Electric Water Pump is powerful and can pump up to 35 GPM.
This electric water pump is made of a durable aluminum material that is designed to withstand heavy-duty use and deliver top performance.
The 300 series pump is built with a simple design that makes the setup work and operation an easy task.
This pump has a total depth of 6 1/2" from the block-mounting surface to the front of the pump. It is built with a lightweight and compact design that makes the carrying task hassle-free, and you can store it in compact areas because it does not take up much space.
A chrome-plated finish helps to prevent corrosion, and it gives the pump a stylish look. It comes with everything you need to finish your setup and installation work in minutes.
A relative purchased this electric water pump and installed it in their el Camino. When I saw the finished installation, I was immediately impressed by the quality and look of everything.
For the installation, all the holes matched up, and every bolt was seated correctly. However, an aluminum adapter was needed for the alternator. Plus rewiring to power all the electric fans and such. Connecting the water hose from the pump to the radiator was tight and took some trial and error.
One issue at the time of this review was that there is a third hole just below the bottom bolt on the engine inlet on the passenger side. If your engine has this, contact Assault Racing Products as the water pump mount does not cover the hole completely and radiator fluid can leak from that spot.
This electric water pump can be easy to install, but depending on the vehicle, it can also take some toying around to get a good installation.
Once installed, it does a fantastic job. There are many race cars that use Assault Racing Products for performance and reliability, I don't think you can go wrong.
- Comes with all setup and installation hardware
- Made of heavy-duty and durable aluminum
- Built with a simple design for smooth operation
- Racing Cars
- It is easy to operate
- Delivers top performance
- The chrome-plated finish gives the pump a stylish look
- Not designed to fit in just any vehicle (drivers side)
- Takes some trial and error to fit properly
3. Proform 66225B Electric Water Pump
Proform is my favorite brand in this category of water pumps and this is a great pump that helps to cool your car’s battery to prevent it from overheating.
This pump is built with a robust design that enables it to pump up to 35 gallons of water.
When it comes to installing this water pump, the kit came with all the required hardware to make the work fast and hassle-free.
This Proform electric pump is made of durable aluminum that is designed to withstand heavy-duty pumping tasks.
The water pump has an epoxy powder coat that helps resist corrosion. It also comes in a wide range of colors to suit your needs.
Sometimes the simplest detail can make a big difference, like the mating weather connector that is included with this pump. (The connector can draw up to 6 amps.)
This Proform electric water pump is built with a compact and lightweight design that allows you to easily carry it around, or store it in an area with limited space.
Due to its well-engineered design, this Proform electric water pump will offer you excellent performance without using much power.
- Comes with fitting for water pump
- It comes with all installation hardware
- Features a mating weather connector
- It can draw up to 6 amps
- Pump 35 gallons of water per minute
- Made of lightweight die-cast aluminum construction
- Features an epoxy coat for corrosion resistance
- This pump prevents your vehicle's battery from overheating
- Has a lightweight and durable structure
- Great cooler for most car batteries
- It can develop a leak between the plastic motor cover and housing if the seal is broken (contact Proform for customer support)
4. Proform 66225R Powdercoated Electric Water Pump
This Proform model is a powerful pump that can pump up to 35 GPM.
This electric pump is built with a compact and lightweight design that allows you to carry it with ease and store it in compact spaces if you don’t have enough storage area.
The Powder Coat really makes this unit stand out. The aluminum housing features an epoxy powder coating that helps to resist corrosion and keep the appearance of the pump. Moreover, the coating is available in different colors that will suit your preference.
This well-engineered water pump comes with a mating weather-tight connector, and it can draw up to 6 amps.
This water pump is made of lightweight and durable die-cast aluminum material that is designed to withstand heavy use.
- This pump can pump up to 35 gallons of water
- Comes with a mating weather-tight connector
- Made of lightweight and durable die-cast aluminum
- The aluminum housing has epoxy powder coat for resisting corrosion
- Motor vehicle
- It comes at an affordable price that will suit most tight budgets
- The construction is durable and lightweight construction
- This pump is designed to eliminate unnecessary weight and impeller drag found in mechanical pumps
- It delivers a tremendous cooling effect that will keep your battery and engine protected
- Not as high quality as some more expensive models
5. ICT Billet SBC Alternator Drive Bracket Kit for Electric Water Pump
ICT Billet engineers some of the best accessories on the market.
While this isn't an SBF Water Pump, it is an essential accessory for some, so we decided to review it for you.
This high-quality water pump bracket kit is made of billet aluminum, making it lightweight and durable.
It is compatible with small block Chevy with electric water pumps only.
The first thing we really noticed is that it is made of lightweight materials to help reduce overall engine weight.
This compact water pump bracket kit is designed to fit a chevy small block engine, compactly, without taking up much space.
Installing this mechanical water pump bracket will only take minutes because it comes with all the required mounting hardware and instructions.
ICT Billet is a reputable brand and has great customer service to help you if you hit any roadblocks.
This is the Best SBC Water Pump accessory for anyone on a tight budget. It is well-engineered, reliable, and has a natural aluminum finish that helps to prevent corrosion so that the unit can maintain its looks even after long-term use.
- Uses 43” V-belt
- Fits Chevy alternators with 6.56” bolt holes
- Compatible with GM LS Engines, Small Block Chevy, with electric water pumps
- Includes a mounting bracket, alternator brackets, pump bracket, and instructions
- Features a natural aluminum finish for corrosion resistance
- Engine accessory drive accessible
- Mounts to the engine block only
- GM LS Engines
- Small Block Chevy Engines
- Heavy-duty and durable pump
- Made of durable billet aluminum like a roller bearing
- This electric water pump comes at an affordable price
- It helps to keep your car’s battery cool to prevent any damage
- No need to buy separate bracket kits
- Made in Wichita, Kansas From Aerospace Grade, USA Produced, Billet Aluminum
- SBC power steering bracket sold separately
Factors to Consider when Choosing an Electric Water Pump
If you want to get the best performance from your electric water pump, you have to choose the best.
Below are some important things to consider when shopping for an electric water pump.
- Flow rate refers to the time taken by a pump to pump a specific amount of water, and it is measured in liters within a minute.
- The required flow will be influenced by the dimensions and size of your pump.
- Most vehicle pumps can pump up more than 30 gallons of water within a minute.
- A high-volume water pump will cool a car’s battery faster to prevent overheating.
- Check for a standard rotation that is compatible with your engine.
- The engineering quality of the electric water pump is a crucial element to check to ensure your pump will serve you for a long time and give optimal performance.
- Buying from a reputable brand is one of the best ways to ensure that you get a quality pump.
- Electric water pumps are made from different materials, but the most used material is die-cast aluminum.
- An aluminum water pump is durable, lightweight, and easy to handle during installation.
- Some pumps have a hardened powder coating that can look like cast iron.
- Coatings help to prevent corrosion and maintain a classic look.
One of the main reasons why people don’t like electric water pumps is that they are hard to set up and install.
Before you choose a water pump, you should check if it has a good manual and all the mounting hardware. With all that, you'll be able to perform the installation faster and with less effort.
Try to avoid choosing an electric water pump that does not have a user manual, installation hardware, or YouTube installation videos.
Take your time and do your homework, so that you don't install your pump incorrectly and damage your vehicle’s engine.
Double-check measurements to make sure the water pump fits with your engine.
When checking the pricing of an electric water pump, be careful not to fall into the trap of choosing highly-priced pumps with the perception that they're higher quality, because that is not always the case.
Carefully compare the features of pumps with their selling price to determine whether you're getting a good bargain. Check Price on Amazon and eBay.
Who needs an Electric Water Pump sbf?
Electric water pumps are required by all car owners to cool their car’s engines, especially for high-performance vehicles where you want to do all that you can to save horsepower.
If you want to reduce the load on your car engine, you also need an electric water pump.
Choosing the best electric water pump sbf, will make your car engine run smoother with higher performance, while at the same time prolonging its lifespan.
Frequently Asked Questions about Electric Water Pumps
The first sign is the purpose for which the pump serves – an overheating engine. Coolant leaking, funny sounds, rust, and steam from the radiator are other signs that your pump is failing.
If your engine overheats when you have an electric pump installed, then you know it is the pump that is failing.
Repair or replace it as soon as possible before your engine is damaged.
Yes, even though an electric pump makes noise during operation when it produces too much sound, you should be worried because that is a sign, something is wrong.
Should that happen, it's most likely that the pump’s bearings are worn out and require replacement.
Failure to replace them on time can result in overall damage to your pump because of excessive friction.
Putting too much pressure on the pump through prolonged continuous usage is one of the main reasons that can cause your pump to break down.
Loose parts are another reason for electric water pump failure; hence, you need to ensure everything is fixed correctly by checking your pump often.
The lifespan of an electric heat pump is mostly dependent on its usage. Constant and prolonged hours of usage mean your pump will wear out fast; hence, have a low lifespan.
However, with moderate usage, you can expect your pump to last for the lifetime of your car.
- Used on Chevy Passenger Cars from 1969-1987.
- Used on Chevy Light-Duty Trucks from 1973-1986.
- Small Block Long Water Pump Height = 7 in.
- Big Block Long Water Pump Height = 7 1/4 in.
- Pilot Shaft Diameter = 5/8 in.
- Used on 1969-1970 Corvettes with the 350 V8.
- Used on Chevy Passenger Cars from 1955-1968.
- Used on Chevy Light-Duty Trucks from 1955-1972.
- Small Block Short Water Pump Height = 5 5/8 in.
- Big Block Short Water Pump Height = 5 3/4 in.
- Pilot Shaft Diameter = 5/8 in.
An electric water pump is a piece of equipment you can’t afford to miss if you want to extend the life of your car engine. This accessory will keep your engine cool and functioning at its best for many years.
The above guide outlines everything you need to know to help you choose the best electric water pump sbf that will keep your car engine safe from overheating.