Buying Guide for the Best Curved Shower Rods
Taking a shower is something most of us do on a daily basis. We shower to get clean, relax, unwind, and reset. However, some showers make us feel cramped and claustrophobic, instead of free and relaxed.
Thankfully, you don't need to completely remodel your bathroom to improve your showering experience. Your shower can be significantly upgraded by simply installing a curved shower rod.
Let’s take a look at some of the best curved shower rods.
Top 6 Best Curved Shower Rods in 2023
1. LDR Exquisite Adjustable Curved Shower Curtain Rod
The LDR chrome plated shower rod is curved and adjustable from 36 inches to 61 inches, giving you that extra wide-looking shower.
Also installing the curtain is easy and the curve design is ideal in case you want to increase space for showering.
It also features a construction that is heavy-duty and a chrome finish which is stylish and the ideal upgrade for the bathroom decor.
It is important to note that LDR has 75 years of experience as the leader in the manufacture of top-notch baths, kitchens, plumbing, and other items to the industry for home improvement.
I love the look and quality of this curved shower curtain rod and the brand means guaranteed quality.
- Adjusts from 36-inches to 61-inches to accommodate most showers
- Constructed of high-quality aluminum with an elegant chrome finish
- Curved telescoping design maximizes your shower space
- Easy to install instructions - hardware included
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Add more elbow room to bath showers
- Improve decore of shower
- Has a well-designed chrome finish
- It increases the showering space
- Very adjustable
- It is sturdy
- Lifetime warranty is limited
2. Zenna Home NeverRust Curved Shower Rod
The Zenna Home curved shower rod is made of aluminum, therefore, it can never rust unlike steel and stainless steel.
The aluminum material makes the rod appear beautiful for a long time with its chrome finish.
Installing the shower is also simple and quick and fits firmly in position without tools, damage, or drilling of the tiles or drywall.
This strong, attractive, and rustproof shower rod provides an additional 6.5 inches when it is expanded to 72 inches offering your shower a more spacious look while also giving you more elbow room.
It has a chrome finish making it look stylish and adding to the bathroom decor. And because it is made of aluminum it is not only rust-free but also has less weight thus its installation is easy as opposed to the steel rods.
The shower rod features two settings for tension. You have to first tighten the screw in the shower rod to put it to the approximate total length then twist a small part of the rod to finely tune the tension and length.
I love the look and feel of this curved shower rod. It is easy to install and does not require tools, you simply extend and twist the rod.
This product features good installation instructions and a lifetime no-rust guarantee.
- This shower rod will never rust
- Made of lightweight but strong aluminum
- Upgrades your shower and increases elbow room
- Rod extends to the wall and holds firmly in place with included tension mount
- You can easily adjust the rod to fit shower openings from 50 to 72 inches, with no cutting required
- Easy installation due to the tension rod
- You can install it with no tools, no drilling, and no damage to walls
- Increase elbow room of bath shower
- Great for apartments with no drilling or holes required
- One of the best-looking tension shower curtain rods
- The aluminum material prevents it from corrosive rust and it comes with a lifetime no-rust guarantee
- Simple no-cut design that is telescoping
- Easy to mount due to lightweight material
- With luxury quality, comes a slightly higher price
3. Zenna Home NeverRust Double Curved Shower Rod
The Zenna Home is made of aluminum therefore guaranteed to never rust. This shower rod is durable and built to last for a very long time.
As an added bonus, the aluminum weighs less, making installation easier than the other steel rods.
I love the stylish chrome finish. It makes it look very attractive and really spruces up your decor.
This shower curtain rod’s curve provides up to 12.5 inches of extra space giving you that feeling of more space.
Installing this double-curved shower curtain rod is easy with the included instructions.
Its simple, no-cut, telescoping structure, can be installed in the normal 60-inch or the larger 72-inch tubs. However, it can fit in small 45-inch spaces as well.
This kit comes with brackets mounted by a screw which allows for the safe installation of the rod to the bathroom wall. The decorative brackets complement the elegant look of the rod.
This double-curved shower curtain rod's design makes your bathroom look stylish without having to break the bank.
- Made of Aluminum
- Guaranteed for life against rust
- The second rod can be used to hang towels and clothes or to separate a shower liner and shower curtain to help keep mildew from forming
- Innovative curved design provides valuable extra “elbow room”
- Very easy to install with included instructions and mounting hardware
- Rich chrome finish complements most bath décor and hardware choices
- Increase room inside bath shower
- Busy family bathrooms with a lot of towels
- Made of aluminum, therefore, it cannot rust
- It is easy to install because it has less weight
- Has a chrome finish, which makes it look stylish
- It lasts longer than stainless steel
- It features other mounting software like the brackets mounted by a screw
- No cutting is required
- Rods can sag if you add too much weight
4. Moen Adjustable Length Curved Shower Rod
I love how easily I can add more space and style to the shower, simply by installing the Moen Adjustable Length Curved Shower Rod.
This shower rod can be extended to fit, safely surrounds 5 to 6 feet, and features a curved design, which offers more room in the shower.
Its 180-degree angle for flange mounting offers an easy and safe installation.
Also, its strong, sturdy rod means it can hold heavier curtains in the shower.
The rod features a cover that is decorative which helps to hide the hardware for mounting ensuring a clean, seamless appearance.
This rod is resistant to corrosion, therefore, its performance is long-lasting and is also supported by Moen’s Lifetime warranty.
Its high-quality finish is rust-resistant, yet highly decorative with a versatile design.
- Chrome finish is highly reflective for a mirror-like look that works with any decorating style
- Fits most at-home shower sizes
- Adjusts between 4.5' and 6' (54" and 72")
- Designed for hassle-free installation
- Backed by Moen’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Increase elbow room in shower
- To add chrome to your bathroom decor
- Resistant to corrosion
- Mirror-like finish of chrome
- Has decorative traits which offer the element of style
- It is supported by Moen’s Lifetime warranty
- Supplied anchor screws
5. iDesign Curved Metal Shower Curtain Rod
The iDesign Curved Metal Shower Curtain Rod creates more space without costly remodeling. This rod is perfect for small showers or narrow bathtubs.
The easily adjustable pole slowly curves offering an extra 5.5-inch room arc for a relaxing experience.
This shower rod is expandable and installs in most bathtubs measuring 41 inches to 72 inches wide.
Made from steel, this iDesign rod is resistant to corrosion and rust, which gives you long-lasting durability.
This shower rod kit has all the hardware for mounting to the wall, it even includes decorative covers for brackets.
Inter Design boasts over 40 years of experience in providing affordable and elegant products, hence you are sure to get quality service from this showering rod.
- A functional and adjustable curtain rod that is perfect for any bathroom, shower stall, bathtub, changing area, closet, window opening, and more.
- Strong enough to hold shower curtains, window curtains, clothing, and other items
- Rust-resistant steel construction for years of durable use.
- Attractive wall attachments protect your walls from scratches and keep the rod in place
- A simple twist, extend, place into position, and use included hardware to hang in your shower and bath area
- This shower curtain rod has a matte black finish that is cohesive with any decor
- Rod is adjustable from 41"-72" to fit in your open space
- Increase elbow room of your bath shower
- Hang wet towels
- Gives an additional 5.5" space in your shower
- Highly resistant to rust and corrosion
- Features easy and quick installation
- It is affordable
- The drywall screws may prove problematic
6. Burstein804 Curved Shower Rod
This shower rod will provide 25 percent more space in the bathroom. It can be adjusted to fit between 36.5 inches to 66 inches.
This rod is lightweight and easy to install. It is made of aluminum and does not corrode.
It comes with step-by-step instructions for installation and mounting brackets, screws, and wall anchors.
We like this rod because it is one of the more affordable options available.
- Perfect for standard-large showers with 36.5-66 inch openings (this will not fit small stall showers)
- Up to 25% more space in the shower
- Not a tension rod, you never need to worry about it falling
- Each order includes a curved shower rod, mounting brackets, wall anchors, screws, and instructions
- Brand new and adjustable
- Increase elbow room of standard to large showers
- Hanging lots of wet towels
- Lightweight material, easy installation
- Offers an additional 25 percent more space
- Includes mounting brackets, screws, and wall anchors
- Detailed instruction guide included
- Might need to purchase better anchors
Factors to Consider When You're Looking for a Curved Shower Rod
1. The theme of your Bathroom
It is important to ensure that the color of your bathroom is taken into consideration along with everything covering it.
Make sure the pattern and type of material used for your shower curtain and the rod are in harmony with the other items in the bathroom, such as the walls, rugs, and the colors of the bathmat and towels.
This will make your bathroom look attractive to anyone who wants to use it.
A good curved shower rod should be able to resist most damage.
Today's shower rods are usually made of strong materials that increase durability of the rod. And this makes them sturdy enough to hold your towels and clothes hanging there.
Be on the lookout for plastic rods because they are not as durable as metal rods.
Consider purchasing a rod that is made from strong and durable materials because it will save you money in the long term.
Don't fall into the trap of having to buy a new plastic rod every couple of years.
Before buying any shower rod, you should first consider the measurements of your bathrooms and the area you want to install it.
If you don’t have the right measurements, you can end up buying a shower rod that does not fit your bathroom.
All of the rods reviewed on Top Pick Guy are adjustable, which will give you the most flexibility.
There are some items you don't want to buy just for the sake of the cheapest price, and this is one of them.
You want a rod that is well-built, won't rust, or repeatedly fall down, risking injury.
Consider buying an easy-to-install shower rod like the ones we reviewed above.
A good shower rod should be easy to install without requiring you to pay someone to install it for you.
6. Weight support
One of the foremost things a good shower rod must have is stability. A good shower rod should be stable enough to hold a good your towels well or any cloth you place on the rod.
If you buy a rod that is not stable, you will be forced to buy a new one, and this will be more costly.
Who needs a Curved Shower Curtain Rod?
This product is perfect for anybody who wants extra space in their shower while still looking great and limiting the potential spread of water.
Frequently Asked Questions about Curved Shower Curtain Rods
The size of the shower curtain rod should depend on the size of your shower or bathtub. Measure the width of your space and then add at least 12 inches to each side for overlap.
You can also measure the length of your existing shower curtain and use that as a guide when purchasing a new rod.
The shower rods reviewed above are some of the best-curved shower rods that are not only functional but will also add taste and elegance to your house.
While most people may focus a lot on the curtains, it is also important to consider the accessory types you fit to offer durability and the ideal appearance. Shower rails and rods are vital as you install bathroom curtains.
A quality curved shower curtain rod is an ideal way of updating any bathroom.